16 January 2020

Probably Not Thrush - postscript

Looking back at old blog posts, I realised that I'd never given a final update of my "Probably not Thrush" series from April last year !

If you haven't already read them ... I "live" blogged about my predicament:

Day One
Day Two
Day Three
Day Four
Day Five
Day Five and a Half
Day Six
Day Nine
Day Thirteen

Some of you were kind enough to comment on my posts with suggestions - so I thought it was only fair to tell you what the outcome was ...

At the end of the series, the clap clinic doctors thought it was probably an allergic reaction to medications that I had taken ... and told me to go to my GP to get a referral to a local allergy clinic ...

I duly went to my GP, and after going into the details of what happened she submitted the referral ...

But the allergy clinic wrote back to say that there is no known incidence of either anti histamine or Ibuprofen causing an allergic reaction ... and they rejected my referral !

So I guess I'm left with the possibility that I reacted to a different washing soap powder ... which I think I might have done about 15 years ago.  I'm still not sure what to do if it happens again !

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wash lotion instead of soap helps; followed by hypodermic cream

close encounters said...

thank you. i've used wash lotion before. but don't think i've used hypodermic cream (unless under a different name) - will have to look for that if it happens again !

Anonymous said...

I had recurrent problems till was prescribed this treatment by my GP. Not had a recurrence since
Seems to effect uncut guys more

close encounters said...

do you have a brand name of the Hypodermic Cream that you use ?

Anonymous said...

Ephaderm. Apparently it forms a protective layer against low level nasties like thrush