22 April 2019

Probably not Thrush - day five and a half

After a comment on my earlier post today ... i remembered that way back the first time i had Thrush, i was given a single pill to take ...

The commenter suggested that i should get "fluconazole" from my pharmacy ...

So i did a bit of research in advance, and discovered that fluconazole is the active ingredient in Canesten Duo - which is a combined pill and ointment treatment that's available over the counter

I had a look at an online pharmacy that i'm registered with, but this Duo treatment only showed up in the women's section ... so i was forced to head off to my local high street outlet ...

I asked the nice pharmacy man for it - pointing it out behind the counter ... and confirmed that it was for me ... and confirmed that i'd had the active ingredient before ...

But when the pharmacist read the container - he informed me that it was only for female customers ... that if a male customer wanted it, then i would need a prescription !

I should have just said that it was for my "girlfriend" ... and dared him to call me out !!

So off i wander to my local medical clinic, and inform the receptionist that I'm looking for a prescription for the Thrush tablet ...

After not too long a wait I see a doctor, and explain my Thrush symptoms, and the blisters, and the prescription i'm looking for ...

But the doctor tells me that blisters aren't normal for Thrush, and that it might be herpes !

But his clinic doesn't do STD examinations - so i will have to go to the STD clinic tomorrow

awesome.
 

No comments: