12 June 2008

visit to the clap clinic

after recent revelations, i decided that it was time to take another trip to my local Sexual Health Clinic ...

on my one previous visit, i got rather annoyed by the lecturing attitude of the doctor and a nurse ... i was hoping for a better experience this time ...

thankfully i didn't recognise anybody in the waiting room ... but i noticed a couple of other people did !

it didn't start off well, as i had to wait over an hour from my allotted appointment time ... but the female doctor i saw was much nicer than the male doctor that i got last time ...

between her and the female nurse, they did all the tests ... and this time they didn't do the slightly painful scrape of the urethra - apparently an improved urine test means it's no longer necessary !

just as during my last visit, they really pushed me to have a Hep A vaccine ... but i wasn't keen - slightly worried that future medicals might question why I had been vaccinated against it ...

the nice doctor questioned me about my sexual history, and asked whether i considered myself gay or bisexual - which i thought was a rather strange, non-scientific question ? she also checked whether i was aware that they do an evening clinic specifically for gay men ... which made me wonder whether she was suggesting it as a good cruising opportunity ?

anyway, the results took over a week, and i'd forgotten about them, until a text message arrived ... all clear !

2 comments:

Bill said...

Glad you got the 'all clear' :)

GB said...

Don't you mean Hep B rather than Hep A? Actually I've had both, but I had the Hep A years ago because one can get that from drinking bad water in the more exotic holiday destinations.

Anyway, glad to hear that you're all clear m8 :-). And you've reminded me, I should make it my turn for this soon!

GB xxx