15 June 2013

a date in a coffee shop

I recently went on a date with a guy who I'd originally chatted to about 9 months ago on Jack'd.

We started chatting again, and agreed to meet up for a coffee.

When I arrived at the coffee shop, he turned out to be a bit older and less attractive than his pics ... to the extent that I wasn't quite sure that it was him ... but he recognised me.

He had a strange habit of looking me up and down ... clearly checking me out, but I couldn't work out whether in a good way or a bad way !

We chatted for about 45 minutes - he was reasonably interesting ... and we had a few things in common ... but I didn't really warm to him.  There really wasn't enough of a spark to make me want to see him again.

Looking back at recent dates, I'm starting to think that maybe I'm expecting too much from a first date - if the bloke is reasonably interesting, should I try another date and see whether the spark ignites later on?  I'm not wholly convinced, as I've felt an immediate excitement on meeting previous guys that I've dated ...

Maybe I'm just getting jaded, and need time to develop a fire ...




1 comment:

onecooldad said...

In all candor, NOBODY EVER LOOKS AS GOOD AS THEY DO IN THEIR PICTURES.

Think about it -- when YOU post a pic of YOURSELF, don't you use the most flattering one(s) you have? AND... by their very nature, all pics are are from the past -- everyone gets older everyday!