24 July 2018

Ghosted

Urban Dictionary defines it as: When a person cuts off all communication with their friends or the person they're dating, with zero warning or notice before hand.

I'm not sure if seeing a guy three times - with loads of texting in between counts ... but it still feels shitty.

I had arrived back into town after a weekend away on the Sunday, and already had plans to go to a show that evening with friends, and asked him if he wanted to come ... which he (understandably) declined

We talked about meeting up the next week, and he gave me a few days that he was free ... and I explained that I was trying to see a friend before he left the country ... and after soring out timings with GB, I replied later that day suggesting the next evening ...

The next day (the day I had suggested meeting) he then said he might have to work late ... and suggested we try another day ... but I already had plans which I couldn't move ...

I explained that I had tried to free up the other day, but hadn't been able to ... but to let me know if he was free another day ...

Silence ... silence ... silence

He had already starting initiating less text message chat ... so in some ways i'm not completely shocked ...

Even if he thought I wasn't making enough of an effort to make time for him ... or even if he guessed that i was a bit dubious about him having to "work late" ... ghosting is never acceptable

I read an interesting article about being ghosted ... and it mentions "Since you don't have friends in common or weren't introduced through some other channel, it's not the end of the world if you just drop off the face of the earth" ... but the odd thing is that we do have mutual friends, which we had discussed at length !

And whilst it's unlikely that we will bump into each other - it might happen.  It will be interesting to see how he behaves - or if he even acknowledges me !

At least I found out sooner rather than later that he's this sort of guy

 

No comments: